Stuff you missed or need to revisit:
- Columbus folk-rockers The Black Swans are attempting to raise $3000 to fund the release of their new album on vinyl, via the website Kickstarter. They’re almost halfway there, with only 31 days to reach their goal. Can you help?
- Southeast Engine, who will play Casa tonight, are taking pre-orders for their new album, Canary, due out in March. Sweet.
- Kris Poland highly approves of Whale Zombie‘s new album, pedal usage.
- We announced the line-up for the 5th Annual County Fair! God damn, it’s gonna be awesome.
- ACRN previews the Buffalo Killers show at The Union on Saturday (a show which is a partnership between Aquabear and Blackout Booking!)
Not to harp on the extremely awesome weather, but get out of your house and get to some shows this weekend.
Columbus!Â Did you get to Skylab on Tuesday to check out Calvin Johnson and Bird + Flower? Was it the best thing ever? I figured. Anyway, if you’re in C-bus tonight, head on over to Ruby Tuesday for the first of two nights of music to help celebrate Lost Weekend’s 8th Anniversary (featuring, among many, many others, Times New Viking on Saturday). Or head over to Kobo to check out Karate Coyote, Way Yes, and more. Also tonight (!!!) is Sam Amidon performing with the fantastic Brian Harnetty at The Wex. You can also catch Brian Harnetty at the Aquabear County Fair in March!
Athens, don’t let Sibs Weekend get in your way of a truly excellent weekend in the way of live music. Or better yet, show your sib exactly why Athens is a great music town. Southeast Engine returns to Casa tonight. It’s been a while since we’ve seen those guys, and it’s sure to be a great show. Tomorrow night, we are super stoked to co-present a ridiculous night of rock n’ roll with Blackout Booking. Cincinnati’s Buffalo Killers will join Chickenpussy, Hex Net, and The D-Rays for some awesomeness.
See you at the shows!