- In case you missed it, The Nelsonville Music Festival announced its headliners last Friday at Casa: The Flaming Lips, Neko Case, and George Jones. One of the best things about the Nelsonville Fest is the ridiculous amount of talented local and regional bands that get to share this amazing bill. So far, Scubadog, Whale Zombie, Duke Junior and the Smokey Boots, and Chris Biester have been added to the lineup. We’ll keep you updated as more Ohio bands are added!
- “Living Museum”, a Seascapes song, was featured in a Thread video that depicts a bunch of fashion-forward OU students standing around in a library while not reading books. Seascapes!
- Check out ACRN’s preview of the Humane Society benefit at Donkey tonight. Athen singer-songwriters covering.. other Athens singer-songwriters. It’s a great idea, and it’s going to be a great show.
- Check out this Tapes on the Floor interview of Maps and Atlases, who headlined an otherwise all-Ohio Cabin Fever Festival at Stuart’s Opera House back in January
- Happy 8th anniversary to Lost Weekend Records in Columbus!
This is fixing to be one of those weekends where there’s so much amazing stuff going on, you will almost certainly regret missing something. Even last night, Athens folks had to make the choice between the excellent lineup for ACRN’s Date Auction- She Bears, Whale Zombie, and Brothertiger- and the equally awesome Casa show, with Nick Tolford, Hex Net, and Zapano. Oh well, I guess there are worse problems to have. Like the problems you’ll have choosing what to do tonight. I recommend going to everything. Good luck.
Athens kids! So much awesome stuff tonight. So much. Scubadog and friends (Valleyboys possibly?) are playing at Jackie O’s in the brewery; the lovely ladies of Boxcar Burlesque are performing at the Union with Rattletrap accompanying them during their earlier show; Donkey Coffee and Espresso is featuring Liz Pahl, J.D. Hutchison, Tony Xenos, Adam Remnant and more in a gigantic “Athens Does Athens” benefit for the Humane Society. Plus, head to Donkey tomorrow to check out Southeast Engine’s Jesse Remnant and Old Worlds.
Cincinnati? I’m jealous, because Moon High is playing at The Comet tonight with Andy Gabbard. Go eat a burrito and listen to some sweet music for me, yeah?